Research and development in robotics education is a key focus area at Tech-Graylogix. research & development activities started in 2008 and have been contributing steadily to the growth of company’s business and self-reliance in the field of Embedded Systems and Robotics education. The Company believes in rapid innovation and offers a wide range of skilled training services and is a pioneer in the field of Science Technology Engineering Mathematics (STEM) education through robotics. Considering the challenge of bringing real value to this, we added Robotics and Arts concepts to our program. The package is hence called as STREAM Education (Science Technology Robotics Engineering Arts Mathematics).
Logix Lab is the name given to the Robotics Lab, a place in the school where students can come, discover their creativity and learn to innovate. As an organization committed towards quality education, we provide the school with necessary resources such as Hardware, necessary software and the curriculum. By using these tools, students prepare various designs of Robots and learn the concepts of Science, Technology, Robotics, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics, popularly known as STREAM Education.
Logix Lab focuses on the aspect of teaching through discovery. Teacher explains the concept to the student and the student starts by exploring the Robotic kit, assembling various components by following the instructions and giving shape to the robot. We strongly believe that this process of teaching is beyond all existing conventional teaching processes where the student is given a platform to use their logic and build the bot. The overall program helps the student visually grasp the concepts of Math and Science thereby enhancing the problem solving skills.
- The course content designed by the R&D team of TGL along with multiple schools focuses on domains such as “Hands-On Learning” and “Learning by Doing”. Schools following CBSE, ICSE and other State Boards will be able to relate the concepts taught in regular classroom sessions with the concepts covered in Logix Lab. The content is very closely mapped to the regular curriculum (Standards 5th to 12th) of the school and easily integrates with the regular functioning of the school.
- Junior Logix Lab → For students from Class 5 – 7
- Senior Logix Lab → For students from Class 8 – 12
- Logix Tinkering Lab → For Higher Education
LOGIX LAB I
Students will learn about various types of sensors that are used for different applications in the Industries today. Using Remotes, Sensors, and students will be able to design and build Robots that can make their own decisions and perform the specified task without human intervention. Activities are mapped to their Science and Mathematics curriculum of respective standards.
LOGIX LAB II
It is a very unique and specific offering that is at a very early stage in Educational Robotics. Here, students are trained in programming and coding on different Programming Languages like C, Java Script, Python, PHP, Lua and Dart depending upon the curriculum of the Intuition. This offering, designed and developed specifically for selected students of class 8 to 12, will give the students an edge over the others in terms of understanding of the real world of applied Robotics.
The Logix Lab I & II content is designed as per the mindset of selected students who are programming enthusiasts of the school. Students will be using open source visual programming like Ardublock, Scratch and mBlock language. Easily interface with Arduino board.
PROGRAMMING INTERFACE: ARDUBLOCK, SCRATCH AND MBLOCK
ARDUBLOCK: An Open-Source drag & drop programming for school kids to program Arduino. Thus, this simplicity can be translated to OSE’s CEB Press Controller code so that people could reprogram their CEB as needed. Going between Ardublock and the written code, which Ardublock allows – can help one understand the code more easily. It can produce code from graphical symbols.
SCRATCH: An Open-Source drag & drop Visual Programming Language developed by MIT USA and further enhanced by Berkeley University USA that has been developed keeping the Intellect level of students.
ARDUBLOCK, SCRATCH & MBLOCK enables the student to concentrate on the Logarithmic aspects of the programming without worrying about the Syntax errors. Also, complements the hardware and gives the student a platform to give numerous instructions to the Robot. Some salient features of are:
- Easy to use Graphical Interface
- Simplifies approach to Programming
- Develops programming acumen in the student
- Helps the student develop logical approach while solving problems
We conduct analysis which will identify strengths and limitations of each students thereby influencing their academic and co-curricular performances. The process of
- Gathering information about the impact of learning and teaching practice on student learning, analyzing and interpreting the concept.
- Understanding the interest of students and approaching with positive steps.
- Sharing impact of analysis with all the stakeholders.
- Responding to and acting on the results, is valuable for several reasons.
- This guide is not intended to provide an exhaustive description of STREAM education evaluation practice and strategies, but rather to offer an introductory overview of evaluation and the program.